Hi, I’m Dom! I’m a Junior Software Engineer studying Computer Science at the University of Sheffield whilst on placement at 3squared. I have a wide range of experience across different platforms, languages and frameworks but I am currently specialising in C#, .NET and Vue.js development.
3squared (2021-present) - Junior Software Engineer
3Squared supply expert consultancy & technology solutions developed to tackle known and emerging rail challenges. 3squared.com
- C#, .NET MVC, .NET WebForms
- Vue.js Single Page Applications
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Functions
- Azure Static Web Apps
- Azure App Service
- Azure DevOps
Throughout my time at 3squared I worked on a number of different projects including:
- RailSmart Docs, Forms, Hub. A digital solution built in Vue.js, .NET and WebForms for the management of versioned documents, as well as the control and distribution of forms and form responses. I have helped fix many bugs across the whole application, as well as implement completely new features such as new pages, new components and even implementing Application Insights to gain better logging. I worked throughout the full stack.
- Forge UI Framework. A reusable component library written in Vue.js that is shared across the different apps in the companies SaaS suite. I helped write new components and build a fifth version that supported tree-shaking. It was published to an Azure Artifacts registry.
- Forge CDN Explorer. A Vue.js single page application that displays all the contents of our company CDN and allows users to browse the CDN and find images/assets they need for their application with live thumbnails and previews. They can then directly copy production URLs to various assets. I wrote this application as well as setup the full automated deployment to an Azure static web app.
- Attend daily stand-ups
- Attend sprint retrospectives to reflect on our ability as a team
- Attend backlog refinement sessions to continue to prioritise work
- Attend estimation sessions to gain insight into how long work will take to complete
- Fix bugs that are raised by clients and the QA team
- Implement new features and change requests against my own estimates and set out requirements
- Research and implement new technologies
- Make deployments to different tiers of environments (dev, stag, prod)
- Work with a range of people in my team including other Devs, QA, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Design/UX Team and IT/DevOps.
Elements Technology (2019-2021) - Junior Full Stack Developer
The simple way to make your factory smart. We make it easy for staff across your business to access live and accurate information about your manufacturing processes, wherever they are. elementstechnology.co.uk/